Memorial Day weekend kicks off summer in the United States. If your home will be listed over the summer months, here are a few tips to help you sell your home from The Balance. Make money personal. website.
- Mow the lawn frequently to keep it in tip-top showing condition. Edge, and stay on top of weeding.
- Pay attention to your curb appeal. make sure your bushes are trimmed, flowers are planted and thriving, walks are swept and that your entrance is welcoming and warm. The Seay Group‘s favorite tip – buy a new Welcome Mat! The $10-15 you spend will create a really great first impression!
- Bring the light inside. Remove heavy drapes, open the blinds (unless you’re hiding an unsightly view – then keep them down, but open just enough to let in light)
- Decorate with summer accents. Replace dark colored accent pillows and throw rugs with summer hues. flowers, white accessories and anything light in feeling is always great to use in the summer (and shows up well in pictures!)
- Stay flexible with showing times. Have an “escape” bag packed that you can grab at a moment’s notice that will keep you occupied at your favorite coffee shop, restaurant or park.
- Move furniture OUT .. not outside (unless it will help you create an outdoor living space) but OUT of the house! Rent a storage unit if necessary. If that’s not an option, put excess furniture in the attic, basement, garage, or beg your friends to store it until you sell. You’re selling SPACE, and having minimum amounts of furniture and accessories will make your home seem lighter, brighter and welcoming!
- Control the air temperatures in your home. There’s nothing worse than a stuffy room on a hot day. Circulate the air in your home, using ceiling fans (be sure you’ve dusted them!), use unobtrusive floor fans, and turn down the air conditioning to a level just below your comfort zone. (a cool indoors will help visitors linger, especially when temperatures in Texas top 100 degrees!).
The Seay Realty Group can introduce you to stagers, who will help you “summer-ize” your home so it will show in the best possible light to potential buyers. Call us today!