Santa has Rudolph, Charlie Brown has Snoopy, and the Grinch has Max. It’s only natural to include our pets in our holiday celebrations. Pictures of your pets can take a little bit of work, but it’s totally worth it! If you’re a DIYer, here are a few pet photography tips to help your photo session go well. If you’d prefer to leave it to the experts, scroll down and see a few local venues who are offering photos with Santa. Either way, you’ll be left with wonderful memories of your furry friend.
Do It Yourself Pet Photos:
- Get your pet in a good mood first, whether it’s with a play session, favorite treats or giving them lots of love. Plan to photograph your pet when they’re at their best – usually morning. Pull out the camera when they’re happy and relaxed.
- Natural light is best for pet photos. No flash. Choose the brightest place in the house for your “studio” and turn on all the light fixtures.
- Do practice shots before, to get your pet familiar with the camera.
- How to get your pet’s attention for the picture? A couple squeaks with a squeak toy, imitating a bird chirp or a dog bark, or even a sharp “eee eee eee”, will make your pet look your way. Don’t call their name – you risk them coming to you.
- Selfies with your pets are adorable! Hold your camera above your head about a foot and aim it down toward you. Fill the frame with you and your pet’s faces.
- Think about props before you get started – less is often more, like a simple red bow tied around your dog’s neck. Think about holiday colors when photographing your pet. Do you have a green dog bed? Pose your dog on that with a red bow. If you can get your cat to sit inside a wreath, you have a shot. Backgrounds with Christmas Trees are classic, as are Santa hats.
- Reward, reward, reward! Help your pet associate taking pictures with treats, affection or something else positive.
Pictures with Santa:
Monday, December 10th, 6 – 9pm at Music City Mall Lewisville. Pet Night with Santa in Dillard’s Courtyard. Bring your furry friends to strike a pose with Santa!
All pets must be crated or on a leash in order to take photos. There will be lots of other animals here so please plan accordingly for your furry friend.
Photo Packages will be available for sales.
Saturday, December 8th and 15th: Petco Foundation and local animal welfare organizations are offering pictures with Santa for your pet and/or you, for a donation of $9.95! 100% of the proceeds benefit lifesaving animal welfare organizations. 3 local locations:
- Highland Village, 3194 FM 407, 972-317-3268 1-4 pm
- Lewisville, 201 N. Summit, 972-221-8816 | 1-4 pm
December 8th & 9th, 15th & 16th: PetSmart is bringing Santa Paws to town! Santa will be in store from 12-4pm for a FREE photo op!
- Flower Mound, 6060 Long Prairie Road, 972-539-0476
- Lewisville 2325 S. Stemmons Freeway, 972-315-9271
December 15th: Diggidy Dog Pet Salon in Grapevine from 9:30am – 3:30pm 1669 W. Northwest Highway, Grapevine 76051. Reserve your space now. 682-220-3578
Happy Howlidays! Tips provided by The Seay Realty Group, dedicated to service and exceeding your expectations. Call us today! 214-636-8485