Valentine’s Day is Wednesday, February 14, just six days from today! What are you doing for your sweetie on this special day? If you’re drawing a blank, how about stepping outside the candy/flower/dinner box and trying a new twist on some old classic Valentine’s Day celebrations?
For the Foodie Date: Buy the ingredients for heart shaped food and make it together. Heart shaped pizza is a classic, but how about heart-shaped cupcakes, pancakes & eggs, grilled cheese, homemade pretzels, a cheese platter (cut the cheese into heart shapes), rice krispie treats…and more. Check Pinterest for inspiration …
For the Creative Sweetie:
- Glass Blowing at Vetro Studio in Grapevine. “Hot Date Night” is February 10th-14 and promises to be the most romantic and unique date of your life! Flaming cocktails, sweet treats and hot molten glass – experience it all. Working with one of Vetro’s glassblowers, you’ll create a Hearts and Flowers keepsake of your experiential evening! Reservations Required and they’re going fast!
- Board and Brush in Highland Village has a few seats available for their Valentines Day DIY wood sign workshop at 6PM. Reservations required
- Painting with a Twist offers couples-themed paintings on Valentine’s Day, and you can bring your own wine & things to munch on. Reservations required.
For the Movie Maven: Obviously … dinner and a movie. For something unique, why not bring a picnic to the drive-in? The Coyote Drive-In in Lewisville is showing a timeless & romantic Double Feature of You’ve Got Mail and The Notebook on Valentine’s Day. Perfect viewing for the most romantic day of the year!
For the Gardening sweetie: In lieu of the classic bouquet, treat your sweetheart to a day at the Dallas Arboretum. Bring a picnic and enjoy romantic live music by Corey Breedlove (beginning at NOON) as you relax in the splendor of the Arboretum. Then, buy a souvenir of the day at a photography exhibition by HD Metal Prints. Photographs highlight the Arboretum gardens throughout the four seasons; all pieces are available for purchase. Later that day, at 6:30pm, Disney’s romantic classic Beauty and the Beast will be shown while you enjoy a casual dinner from Bellatrino Pizza Truck or Rick’s BBQ truck.
$5 admission special the entire month of February.
For the beloved Geek in your life: Check out Dallas Makerspace in Carrollton. What is it? Makerspace is a non-profit, shared community workshop and laboratory. This organized group of local artists, engineers, makers and thinkers work together to provide tools and learning resources to the public. Makerspace is sure to appeal to anyone interested in creating, using technology and otherwise.
Two Makerspace classes have openings on Valentines Day, but a plethora of classes are offered other times. like 3D printing, woodworking, jewelry making, blacksmithing, and SO much more! Tour the Makerspace at their open house on Thursdays at 7:00pm It’s truly an amazing place!
- “Creating Beautiful Lithophanes” class – you’ll learn how to turn your photo into a 3D print, 3D wood carving, 3D printed lithophane or 3D MultiCam lithophane. Disclaimer: we don’t REALLY know what this means, but your beloved geek probably will!
- “Fusion 360 Wednesdays Workshop” class is the beginners guide to Fusion 360, 3D CAD/CAM design software.
For more fun local Valentine’s Day ideas, check out our previous Top 10 Blog:
However you and your special someone choose to celebrate, The Seay Group Realty wishes you a Happy Valentine’s Day!!