The holidays are a good time for gift-giving, entertaining and general merriment. But what about buying a home? Should you put a house on your holiday shopping list?
If you’re not too picky and don’t mind a more limited selection, the answer might be yes. Those who choose to sell at year-end are often under pressure and highly motivated to cut a deal. Here are the top five reasons to consider buying a home now:
- Less competition from other buyers during the holidays might mean you’ll be able to negotiate a better price.
- Motivated sellers plus decreased competition are the formula for great leverage.
- Historically lower prices in December
- Faster closings because everyone – buyers, lenders, agents, brokers – want to complete the transaction before year end. Do your part by having all your paperwork in order.
- Agents can devote more time to your situation, as they typically have lower activity over the holidays.
A Bonus to buying now? Seasonal sales can help you outfit your new home for a song!
Information provided by The Seay Group Realty, dedicated to service and exceeding expectations. Contact us today!